Sunday, January 06, 2008

Viv's Spaghetti alla Carbonara

I have been watching Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes on BBC every thursday last November while I am cooking myself. The kitchen is attached to the living room in the flat that I stayed previously, thus I have the luxury of watching the TV while I cooked and eat! I enjoyed the show alot and didnt missed a show.

Came upon his recipe book one day while I was shopping at Marks and Spencer and decided to try the spaghetti alla carbonara recipe from Sardinia. Since the recipe is from the Mediterranean, I cant find the original ingredient and have to use the substitute instead, like the Sardinian pecorino sardo cheese and Pancetta, which I replace with Parmesan cheese and british smoked back bacon. I didnt even know what is Pancetta in the first place, and like what most people will do nowadays if they need to find out about something, yeah, just google it, and you will have your answer. Pancetta is an Italian type of bacon produced from belly of pork which is seasoned, then rolled up and dry cured.

Here is the result:

No comments: